Relying on sketches inspired by religion, ancient cultures, mythology and other artists, Mr. Whiting forms his figures using an oxy-acetylene torch which he discovered while working on oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. By controlling the amount of heat and oxygen applied to his sculptures, Mr. Whiting shapes, texturizes and blends the metal into graceful figures.
Current City - New Orleans, LA
- “The Nest” Outdoor Sculpture Garden, Alexandria, LA
- Gulf Coast Art Museum, St. Pete. , Florida
- King Plow Art Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- River Gallery, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Baylor School, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Publix/condo, 101 Eola, Orlando,Fl