My artwork explores the rhythms, tensions and harmonies of my sensory perception of the world. In my work I aspire to invite the viewer into my contemporary botanical and landscape images, to experience with me the interplay of color and movement, form and texture in nature.
Born in Tucson, Arizona, and having lived in Santa Fe since the mid-1970s, I am aware of the Southwestern landscape permeating my interpretation of color and shape. The New Mexico seasons, flights of birds, native flora, the Río Grande and other rivers and arroyos continually reveal their patterns in my paintings. Travel intensifies my appreciation of the many forms and feelings in the world of nature. Various Asian aesthetics in crafts and painting have also become a great influence in my work.
My chosen medium is acrylic on canvas.
Current City - Santa Fe, NM
Education - Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- New Mexico Arts 2007 Acclaimed Artists Series Purchase: Youth and Family Services Counseling Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- New Mexico Arts 2005 Purchase Initiative: Agnes Kastner Head Senior Center, Hobbs, New Mexico
- Sandoval County Health Commons Building, Bernalillo, New Mexico
- Museum of New Mexico, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Santa Luz Club House, Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Silver Lake Club House, Sun City, Arizona
- Vallone Designs, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Ravenswood Winery, Sonoma, California
- Lovelace Health Centers, Inc., Albuquerque, New Mexico
- La Luz del Sol Graham Collection, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- La Familia Medical Center, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Branch/Renner, Architects, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Prudential Bank Securities, Seattle, Washington