MIXED MEDIA SCULPTOR
Glenn Doell’s work has been shown nationally and internationally as part of the Smithsonian’s ‘American Porcelain Show’ and through the Theo Portnoy Gallery in NYC and Foster Goldstrom Galleries in San Franscisco and Dallas.
One man shows include Denison University, Ithaca College, Suny Oswego, Gallery 200, The Barth Gallery, Hamilton College, University of Dayton, Wells College, Cornell University, and SUNY Potsdam where he holds degrees in both Philosophy and Ceramics. Permanent collections include the Everson, Arnot, and Roberson Museums and the Kohler Company where he completed a four month residency as an ‘Artist in Industry’ participant.
His set designs have been produced at ‘The Kitchen’ and ‘P.S. 122’ in NYC, at the University of California, Fresno, George Washington University, Cornell University, Middle Collegiate Church NYC, Point Park College, Cooper Hewitt Museum as well as several at The Ohio State University.
Grant Support has come through the NEA, the OAC, the GCAC, the NYS Council on the Arts.
Reproductions and critical discussion of his work may be seen in the following books and publications:
- American Ceramics, Barbra Press, Rizzoli Press ‘90
- Ceramics Monthly Magazine, Nov. 1987
- Dance Magazine, July 1983
- Studio Ceramics, Peter Lane, Chilton Press 1983
- Porcelain, Traditions and New Visions, Watson Guptil
- New Art Examiner, September 1997
- Dialogue, April 2002
- American Porcelain: New Expressions in an Ancient Art, Lloyd E. Herman
Available at Muse Gallery Columbus
Contact for details: 614-565-0314 or firstname.lastname@example.org